Sunday, December 12, 2010

Let Go and Let God

What does this mean to you? I was humbled when asked this question by a friend this week. I probably gave a really generic answer, but as soon as I started thinking, my own past situations popped into my head. Hard times in my life - divorce, the loss of 3 precious babies (miscarriages), a very premature baby. Situations that are way too big for me to handle. But shouldnt we "let God" in every situation? Why do we wait for the big ones to fall upon Him?
Has this phrase become more cliche then an intention of action?
If I let go, it no longer belongs to me. I give it to God.
Matthew 6:27-29 - Can all your worries add a single moment to your life?
Proverbs 12:25 - Worry weighs a person down.
Philippians 4:6-7 - Dont worry about anything; instead, pray about everything!

I dont know about you, but I dont have the time to waste. Worrying is a waste of time, it effects my mood and sucks the energy right out of me. It puts my focus in the wrong direction.
Worry replaced by Prayer equals Trust. I think I will write that and hang it in a place I can read it daily! With that trust comes "letting God".

1 comment:

  1. This is so good.

    I also need to make not of that quote and post it.

    ReplyDelete