Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Joy

Taken in part from ~ Created To Be His Help Meet
The word Joy is found 167 times in the Bible. Joy is often coupled with shouting, music, the playing of instruments, dancing, gladness, and praise.
During the day, sing and play and dance as you work around the house. Your children will be delighted as you dance around with a broom or a mop, and this lighthearted mood will be an encouragement to your children. The lightness in your soul will help put you in a good frame of mind. Now let me tell you I did that this week and my 17 yr old daughter Elle has kitchen duty this month. When I grabbed the broom from her I thought for sure she would look at me like I had lost it, but instead she turned on the music and we danced as we cleaned and we had a good time!!
A wise woman sets a joyful mood in her home. Through laughter, music, and happy times, she creates a positive attitude in her children. She knows that a lighthearted home relieves stress. This is so true for my home. If mom is stressed out, not happy and yelling, eveyone seems to follow that mood. As I work to be more joyful I encourage you to do the same.
~ Visable joy is the only joy children understand ~
Psalm 100

1 comment: