We all have them. So what do you do when you're having a bad school day and just know the book work is not going to get done?
Heres a list of some things we've done when a regular school day is not going to happen.
- Watch a movie and then have your kids write a review.
- Declare reading day! Find a cozy corner, curl up and have a day of reading.
- Clean! We fall behind in chores, call it domestic ed and get caught up!
- Have your kids help cook dinner, Home Ec 101.
- Field trip!!
- Board Games, great way to make learning fun!
- Collect nature, leaves, rocks, bugs = Science.
- Hike, walk, bike ride, swim, run, skip, hop, jump = GYM
- Paint, draw, sketch, cut pictures out of a magazine = Art
- Take pictures and turn them into a story.
- Grocery shopping, let your kids help plan your menu, figure out best prices.
What are some of your ideas?