Monday, September 10, 2012

One of the things I love about FALL is baking. Not sure if it's the holidays right around the corner or just being inside more, but come September my girls and I start baking and cooking more.

With the Pinterest CRAZE (us included) we have been trying several recipes for fun, for dinner, for snacks and dessert. Here is a collection of what we tried and what we thought.

Tonight for dessert we tried Pumpkin Muffins. They were super easy to make, but just ok to eat. My younger kids LOVED them, but they're not hard to please. I gave them a thumbs up because of how easy they were and how great they made my house smell, not worth the calories, but I still ate two. :)

For my sister's bridal shower we made Pineapple Lemonade Punch. Again, easy to make which is always a plus in my book and this tasted great too! I will defiantly keep this recipe around for get-togethers.



This next one I took from my friend Sharon's recipe board on Pinterest, Crispy Cheddar Chicken. She made this the other evening when I stopped by and it looked so yummy, then her husband told my husband how good it was and I HAD to try it. My entire family loved it, again, easy to make, so we will be keeping this recipe around.

You MUST try these! Don't let the name fool you, they are a cinch to make (see a pattern here?) ;)
Sopapilla Cheesecake is delish!!! My kids beg me to make these and I could eat a whole batch myself, really.

With this one the name WILL fool you. Cake Batter Blondies. They look and sound really good, not so much. We won't try these again. But you can see by the picture below, they look great, maybe you'll have better luck. For us, thumbs down.


 And lastly I want to share the Pesto Chicken recipe we tried. It was great, IF you like Pesto. We happen to love pesto sauce so we will be making this again and probably sometime soon since we tried it earlier in the summer.

I have MANY more recipes saved on my Pinterest recipe board that we (my girls and I) have been trying and we look forward to trying MANY more!







No comments:

Post a Comment