Sunday, November 3, 2013

See The Light Sunflowers Review

 

I was so excited for this review! My daughter Avarie is really into art. It started over the summer with a sketch pad and pencils. Now she paints and uses clay too. She loves to draw and create. I've gotten her some art books and she likes to look at them, but at her age I found that she got bored with them quickly. So when the opportunity came for a DVD art product, I knew Avarie and I would have a great time reviewing this.
 
See The Light has several different curriculum, we reviewed Sunflowers.
The Sunflowers DVD contains 4 educational lessons, each lasting approximately 25 minutes. The lessons take you step by step and cover art history, art elements, and art principles.

The lessons were great for Avarie age 8 as I sat with her and perfect for my other daughter Jessie age 14 to do on her own. These lessons remind me of the art classes I paid for when we attended a homeschool co-op, BUT you have the advantage of doing them in your own home and using them again and again. With several more children at home being schooled, I will get some great use out of these DVD's.

We really liked several things about this product -
- Biblical principles are woven into the lessons
- You, the parent, learn right along with your child
- For busy days, your child can watch a lesson alone
- The lessons cover so much more then just art


There is a really nice variety of items for sale on the See The Light web site.
Box sets, Bible stories, Art Projects, Art Class, Materials, Online Art Class, and more!
The Sunflower DVD I reviewed is priced at $14.99. Other items range in price from $12.50 all the way up to $99.99 for the box sets.



There is a resource tab on the See The Light web site where you can get free video tips, downloads, previews/trailers, and free lessons.
 
About See The Light -
 
With a love for the Lord Jesus Christ, a heart for children, and a passion for ministry, Dave and Pat Holt bring you the See The Light team: Artists with specialties that include teaching a large variety of techniques, art history, chalk artistry, performance art, gospel chalk art, crafts, creative lettering, and more: Musicians whose talents include songwriting, musical performance, arranging, and producing. The See The Light team is dedicated to bringing scripture and biblical principles to viewers in a fresh, engaging way.
...and promising to teach some exciting art skills along the way!
 
This is a product I'm very glad to have as part of our homeschool curriculum. I invite you to check out See The Light and see how much fun you can have with art!
 


http://mosaicreviews.com/see-the-light/
 

No comments:

Post a Comment