Sunday, September 19, 2010

Depression

The Dark Cloud. The Black Blanket. Depression.
I read a lot about it in an effort to help my daughter. She has bipolar, she is 13. Her bio mother has it and sadly has passed this illness on to her. I'd prefer to help as naturally as I can, sometimes thats just not the case BUT did you know there are things you can do to help WITHOUT taking meds??? Heres some good info even if you just need a pick-me-up!
Exercise!! One of the best natural ways to treat depression. Take a walk, a good, moderate paced walk can elevate serotonin levels.
Light therapy!!! I often tease that I am solar powered because on a bright, sunny day I feel great! There is some truth to that! Studies show daily exposure (especially morning) to bright light helps to regulate certain neurochemicals that affect your mood.
I think I will try to get up before my kids every morning and go for a nice paced walk to start my day!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment