Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Laundry, Laundry, Laundry


As you can imagine I have tons of laundry. Each of my six older children do their own and a few years ago my husband offered to do his - how nice!!! So I do mine, the three little ones, towels, sheets, ect. I still need to remind the kids of their laundry day but its been a big help having them pitch in this way. We also started making our own laundry detergent about six months ago. We love it and I wish I would have tried this years sooner!!!! If you google homemade laundry soap you will get many different recipes, here is our favorite!

1 cup of Borax

1 cup of Washing Soda

1 bar of Fels Naptha soap

Thats it!!!! We make a huge batch and store it in an air tight container. You only need one tablespoon or two for bigger or really dirty loads. I always use two tbsps. Give it a try!

No comments:

Post a Comment