Monday, January 3, 2011

2011

I've noticed many blogging friends and fb friends listing their resolutions. I have them, just hate to write them down. Dont want to sound cliche or list things I may fail at by the end of the week. Its nice to think of Jan. 1st as a fresh start! So I caved and am about to list my goals for the new year.
I love to organize. If you stop by my house you will see toys on the floor, dishes in my sink and no doubt laundry that needs to be put away. This is by choice! I choose to school my children at home. I choose to sit and read books to my kids, play cars and legos, build tents and have picnics on the floor in my dining room. True, I cant wait for the day I put something away and it stays there or clean up a mess that stays clean longer then 5 minutes. But, today is not that day. My house might not look very organized, but I try and I enjoy trying AND making time for my kids. We all do chores everyday but its nice to have a reminder or goal. So this will be printed and hung on my desk or frig for all to read, not written by me, but I couldnt have said it better. Here are my 2011 house goals!
~ Housekeeping Rules To Live By ~
Put it away, dont put it down
A place for everything and everything in its place
A clean house is easier to clean then a messy house
Kids need chores
Plan and make a list
Create a routine and stick to it
Dont wait until the last minute to do a chore, do it ahead of time

Running a home with 11 people in it and in a home not made for 11 people to fit in it takes planning. I like to think our house is organized chaos. :) We have 4 bedrooms and only 1 bathroom. It takes planning and routines to run smoothly.

Next on my list is, wanna guess? Heres a hint - I've had 3 babies in the past 5 years, guess what I want? Yep, my pre baby body! My goal is out there, but I really think its important to have them so I'm just gonna say it - 50 lbs is what I want to loose. My husband is not much support, but not for reasons you may think. He is always bringing sweet treats home and sometimes late at night, the worst time to eat something fatty! He is always telling me I'm beautiful and he loves the way I look. I told him if he said I looked fat it would help, but he laughs and tells me how great I look. Sweet? Very, he is the love of my life and I know he loves me no matter what the scale says, but I want to look better for him. I want to feel better.

Last, but most important is family. I have two family members that I love dearly and both are sick. Not a cold or the flu, sick and getting sicker. Chemo treatments, doctor appointments, me crying in bed at night. Family is so important and always has been and this year I am going to make even more time for them. I cherish every moment God gives me with those that I love. I want to make lasting memories and treasure the time I have with them. One year, two years, ten years - only God knows, but kids grow too fast and life can sometimes take your days away with busyness. I am commiting to making family first!

Happy New Year!

1 comment:

  1. Great goals for this year! :) I love the "organized chaos" phrase lol!

    Bev

    ReplyDelete