Thursday, October 27, 2011

Random Thought Thursday

You know it's really hard to parent adult children. (Gesh, that statement makes me sound old) I'm talking about children, and they are still children, ages 18 and above.
I have two.


Also raising toddlers at the same time has made me eat my words when I've wished for my little ones to be older so my days would be easier. HA! I'll take the toddler years anyday, less tears.


So how do you get through watching them make choices that you don't think best for their life?
It's easy when they're little - Don't run out in the road! Say please and thank you.
But when they're older you loose that kind of control.

Don't get me wrong, I pray faithfully for all my children. But it's human nature to worry.
To say my children are my life would be a gross understatement.
And I don't care if they are 9 months or 19 years. They are my babies, they make my world go round.


So what am I going to do?
I'm going to listen more.
I'm go to stay calm. Afterall, I know who is really in control.
I will live out my faith in my own life.
Most importantly I'm going to continue to pray.


I love this picture. I know it's nothing great, just an ocean shot, but it was from a fun day and reminds me of good times.
It's also a little scary. Maybe its just me, but when I look out over the ocean and see nothing but water I feel a little panicky. It just goes on and on and you can't see whats under you.
You can educate yourself all about the ocean, but there will still be unexpected waves.
Yet every year I still venture out. I love the thrill, I love the ride.
Despite the scare here and there, I know it's something I'll never stop wanting to do.

As hard as being a parent can be, there is still nothing I'd rather do.

No comments:

Post a Comment