Wednesday, December 14, 2011

The World's Greatest Stories - TOS Review


My kids and I LOVE listening to audio books and stories. I'm always on the look out for these! I had so many tapes with stories that when it came time for us to purchase a new van a few years ago, I was upset that it had a CD player in it! How would we listen to all our stories on tape??
In no time we built up our CD pile with lots of great stories, but I still have a tape player and all of our older tapes to listen to when we're at home!

I'm sure you can understand my excitement when The World's Greatest Stories came up for review!! I knew my three younger children would love it!

The World's Greatest Stories are an award winning series of Bible stories preformed by actor George W. Sarris. He does an amazing job bringing to life some of the most treasured stories in history taken directly from the Bible.

We received Volume 1 - The Prophets which contained these stories -
The Blazing Furnace
The Handwriting on the Wall
Daniel in the Lion's Den
Elijah & the Prophets of Baal
The Prophecy of Jonah

You can listen to an audio clip of my daughers favorite story HERE!

The series contains a total of 18 individual stories on five CDs or cassettes for $7.95 each. So if you're like me and still have a tape/cassette player, they've got you covered!
The stories are recorded in both the King James Version and the New International Version. Each volume is approximately 1 hour long, perfect for car rides and afternoons at home!

You can also hear stories like -
The Real Story of Christmas
Things Jesus Said & Did
The Battle of Jericho
Joseph & His Brothers

And just out is a new 6th volume - Defeating Giants!!

The World's Greatest Stories would be a perfect gift for any child in your life. AND they are offering free shipping if you order 6 or more items!!!

My three younger children ages 2, 4 and 6 have really enjoyed listening to the stories and I feel good knowing they are hearing right from the Bible.

To see what my fellow TOS crew members have to say click HERE!

I received The World's Greatest Stories in exchange for my thoughts and honest review

1 comment: