Sunday, April 22, 2012

God's Great Covenant - TOS Review


After taking a couple years off from teaching my children a Bible class, this past summer I decide it was time for us to start back up again. We always enjoyed our Bible curriculum, but over the years we got so busy with our core subjects and co-op classes that we didn't have time for a separate Bible class. Afterall, our core subjects incorporated the Bible into most our daily lessons anyway and I told myself it was ok to take Bible down to once a week. Sadly over time we just stopped all together. It's bothered me ever since, but I made myself feel better by saying we are studying verses for youth group and most all our other curriculum, especially History was religous based.

This past summer, in May actually, I felt strongly about adding a Bible curriculum back into our studies and making it a priority. I studied, searched, shopped and purchased a curriculum at our state homeschool convention and we started it in August of this school year. I'm so glad we did! We've had some awesome conversations in our home after Bible class and love that time together!

Bible is one of those subjects I like try to multi-level teach all my children together. I found this to be a little difficult due to the age range of my children and quickly decided I needed to use two different studies with them.

That's where reviewing for TOS has been such a blessing, like when we recieve books like God's Great Covenant to review.



This book was a perfect fit into our Bible class at home. It was a little young for my high schoolers, but a good fit for my younger students. My older teens did get into the action by reading the chapters to my younger kids and helping with the worksheets.

Each of the 36 chapters start with a Theme, Scripture, Memory Passage and Key Facts and then end with a question worksheet and a quiz. I personally love when questions are asked at the end of a chapter. It helps to tie everything together and when I tell my kids there will be questions at the end, I know they are going to pay attention a little better!




The review worksheets have several parts to them, all great, but I especially like the Think About It question at the end of each worksheet. I really enjoy hearing my children's thoughts on what we just learned, how they view each topic and how they can apply it to their own lives.





I love how the Teacher's Edition pages leave room for you to write and take your own notes. This is a huge plus for me as I am always taking notes or have post its on my lesson plans. There are numbered footnotes that help in teaching and working with your students in each lesson. We had several questions answered in these footnotes. Something else that I really appreciated in the Teacher's book was having the pages match up with that of the student book. It just makes it easier to all be on the same page!

Great Covenant student's text sells for $26.95. The teacher's edition also sells for $26.95. The audio files download is $9.95 or you can save 15% and get all three for $56.95.
There are samples of all the products available at the Classical Academic Press website.  

From Classical Academic Press site -
In God’s Great Covenant, New Testament 1: A Bible Course for Children, students will follow the story of Jesus, the Messiah and King, as He is born and fulfills all God’s promises. 

You can take a look at the Teacher's Edition of God's Great Covenant HERE. And the student book HERE.

Classical Academic Press web site offers a great selection of curriculum that will benefit your schooling needs. Check out their Latin, Greek, Spanish, and French HERE!


To read other TOS Crew reviews of this product click HERE.


Disclaimer: As a member of the TOS Crew, I received God’s Great Covenant, New Testament 1, at no cost to me, in exchange for my thoughts and honest review. All opinions are my own.


No comments:

Post a Comment