Wednesday, November 7, 2012

Gratitude Challenge


I love November, I always have. September I'm sad Summer is over, but by October - November I've come to terms and even start to like wearing jeans and sweatshirts again (but still flip flops). Two more reasons I love this month? My husband's (Rod) birthday and Thanksgiving.
This is a great time of year to reflect and count your blessings... Be Thankful!

Today I'm thinking about how thankful I am for my friends. We all have them, but some of us are blessed to have lifelong, lifetime friends. Anyone that I've ever considered a true friend, I am still friends with today. How awesome is that? I'm picking out a couple of friends that I've known forever. I'm thankful for ALL my friends, but here are the friends I've grown up with.


My oldest friend, Dani!! We met when we were 10 years old at summer camp. She was the only girl at camp as tall as me! I remember her smile and how much fun I had with her. We lived in the same state, but not close so we became pen pals until our teen years when we were able to drive and visit each other. We were with each other on our wedding days, even pregnant with our first children together! (they were born a month apart). Getting together with our families, celebrating some Christmas Eve's together. We always talk around our birthdays that are one day apart. Dani is a true friend, one that I love and will cherish forever!
And Dani YES, I had to use this picture!! Not only because I remember this day like it was yesterday, but because another very dear friend of mine took it!


And that friend is Mindy!! I just talked about Mindy on my Friendship Friday post, she has been a friend of mine since I was 16 years old. Another long, lifetime friend! We met while working at the mall at JCP portrait studio. Those were fun days! We have been there for each other for huge events like weddings and children. I remember late one night, in the hospital, I just had my third child, Megan. I was really struggling with nursing and called Mindy. No sooner did I hang up and Mindy was there, in the hospital, to work with me. A true friend. Wow, I can think of a million more stories and memories with her, I treasure you Mindy!


As if I wasn't blessed enough, when I was 19 years old I met Dorothy. She just had her first child and I was about to pop with my first! Our husband's worked together and after a few times of small talk, we got together for dinner and honestly have been best friends ever since. To say we are close doesn't really put into words how close, close is. We talk everyday - get together most weekends - vacation together - holidays together - kind of close. More like family close. I love you Dot!
 
 
 
And last, the person that has truly known me the longest... Rachel. I know some don't count siblings as friends, but then some aren't blessed to have a sister like I do. Rachel is my sister, but also my very dear, very close lifetime best friend. We have always been close (like matching tattoos kind of close), always been there for each other, always share our deepest secrets, dreams and fears. She is my other half and I love her to the moon and back.
 
 
Ecclesiastes 4:9–12 Two people are better off than one, for they can help each other succeed. If one person falls, the other can reach out and help. But someone who falls alone is in real trouble. Likewise, two people lying close together can keep each other warm. But how can one be warm alone? A person standing alone can be attacked and defeated, but two can stand back-to-back and conquer. Three are even better, for a triple-braided cord is not easily broken. (NLT)

2 comments:

  1. Crystal, you always have a way to tear me up. I thank God for our friendship! Our friendship is one of my most cherished. I love the fact that it doesn't matter how much time passes between us we can always pickup right where we let off. You are an amazing woman of God who I love and miss very much!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Forgot to put my name on the last post... LOL
      Dani

      Delete