Friday, February 8, 2013

Making Sushi

I love sushi and have always wanted to make it at home, but honestly felt really intimidated to try. With the help of my friend and neighbor, I did it this week!
I found that it really isn't as difficult as you may think - not sure how I'd do on my own, but I will definitely do it again!


Some of the ingredients you can get at your local grocery store, like Giant or Weis, but many of the items we used were purchased at an Asian Market. Not only were the items fresher, but cheaper too.

 
The first thing was to make our rice. I'd give you a step by step on how to do this, but I can't. My dear friend spent hours making the rice before we got together.
 
 
Laying all our ingredients out was a big help when we started to roll the sushi out.
 
 
We toasted the seaweed on the stove top.
 
 
Added rice.
 
 
For this one we put crab, cucumbers, and cream cheese in.
 
 
Time to roll and cut!
 

 
Sushi!!!!
 
 
We had so much fun and it was so good! Here are some pictures from the rest of our evening.
 



 
 
 
 

2 comments:

  1. This looks like such a fun activity for the kids. I think my kids would enjoy it, too. Thanks for posting this...great idea for lunch!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We love sushi here. I have always wanted to learn. I think that it is so much better at home as well.

    ReplyDelete