Tuesday, May 28, 2013

Birthdays and Babies

Have I ever shared how birthdays fall in our immediate family? ALL the boys have winter birthdays and ALL the girls have summer birthdays. (that includes my husband and I too)
Makes for fun and busy times!
 

The picture above is from our family Memorial Day picnic yesterday where we also celebrated some of the many birthdays happening. Here are the May birthdays! My daughter Megan turned 17 on May 18th, my daughter Marlee is now 4 years old on the 27th. I turned (haha yeah right) on the 25th. My two nieces celebrated birthdays May 15th and 24th.
 
 
This sweet girl pictured above is my baby - Marlee. Whenever anyone asked me the ages of my kids I loved saying my youngest was 3. Why? HA! I really don't know! But it was a reminder I still had little ones at home I guess.
Now having a 4 year old makes me feel like my baby days are in the past.
 
 
How fast the years go by.
 
 
As much as I'm missing the baby days today, I'm really loving my new found freedom in being able to spend more time alone with my hubby on date nights and fun evenings out with my friends.
 

 
And for those days, when I really need to snuggle a baby and get my "fix", I have a Grandson coming in just a few short weeks!
 
 
 

 

2 comments:

  1. Love looking through the baby photos..The tender and warmth moment.

    Thanks for dropping by my blog, Sarah.

    ReplyDelete
  2. ALways a joy to meet another homeschooling momma ...

    Delighted to meet you today. I hope you don't mind if I splash around a bit to get to know you. This looks like a refreshing place to dip into some serious goodness.

    Also wanted to extend an invite ... to share this post (or another fave) to encourage even more moms. We could use it.

    Join the Melody ...
    http://justsarahdawn.blogspot.com/2013/06/time-out-time-in.html

    ReplyDelete