Friday, September 27, 2013

Math Mammoth Review


 
Math Mammoth offers affordable, yet quality math worktexts and workbooks for grades 1-12, loved by parents, homeschoolers, and teachers.

All of the books are available as downloads—and most also as printed books.


Maria Miller is the author of MathMammoth.com as well as of the books sold there.
"In a nutshell, I am a math teacher turned housewife and homeschooler.
I have a master's degree in mathematics with the teacher educational studies, and minors in physics and statistics. I love teaching math (and teaching in general). My teaching experience is varied (though not very extensive since I've been staying at home), ranging from university to vocational school and classroom teaching and private tutoring
."



Math has never been one of my favorite subjects and as much as I try to hide that from my children so they CAN develop a love for math, it honestly takes a good program for me to do that.

Math Mammoth is one of those math programs that make it easy for a teacher like me to show my students how to love math!

I recently reviewed the four following Blue Series from Math Mammoth -

Addition 1
Subtraction 1
US Money
Measuring 1

We started out with the Addition 1 book, which is like a workbook AND textbook - a worktexts. The book contains explanations like a textbook and worksheets like a workbook.
Right off in the beginning of the book I was impressed with the list of games to play with your student. What better way to make learning fun then to introduce a new program by playing a game!
We played Addition Battle which is a fun card game.
Also, right in the front of the book is a very helpful resource list of web sites. They contain sites for many different FREE sites to go along with your math work.
I was impressed with the remaining pages in the book as we worked on various worksheets. They kept the attention of my first grader who was anxious to keep working.

 
 
Another neat feature with Math Mammoth is The PDF version of this book is enabled for annotation. This means that if you prefer, your student can fill it in on the computer, using the typewriter and drawing tools in Adobe Reader version 9 or greater.

 
Math Mammoth offers Complete Curriculum (Light Blue Series) for grades 1-6, $34. Books By Topics (Blue Series) for grades 1-6 and some for grade 7, $2 to $7. Worksheets By Grade (Golden Series) for grades 3-8 or 9, $6 to $9. Review Workbooks for grades 1-5, $5.50. Real-Life Math for grades 3-12, $4.99 each.
 
FREE STUFF! Math Mammoth offers many free samples of their worksheets AND they also offer free placement testing for your student.
 
Math Mammoth is a very affordable program that I highly recommend. It's flexible and easy to use.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment