Saturday, February 18, 2012

A sign I like to see!!


One of my favorite things to do in the spring and summer! GARAGE SALES aka YARD SALES! I love finding treasures! This is a fairly new hobby of mine as I just started about two summers ago and I can't believe I waited that long! Oh the deals I've gotten!

I've always thought as garage sales as someone else's junk! Why would I want to sort through that???? A couple years ago when Rod was laid off work for six long months, I needed to be creative with our budget. I decided to check out some local yard sales and WOW did I get some great clothes (name brands) for my kids. I was sold affter that and could never go out to the mall or even Wal-Mart again for new clothes! I was getting ever better clothes at a fraction of the cost! I'm talking a quarter to fifty cents for clothes! Goooooood deals!

So now I count down the winter months for yet another reason - to hit those Saturday morning deals! No more sleeping in for me, I'm up bright and early, GPS and sales ad in hand, ready to go and find my deals for the day!

I've even attracted a few followers along the way as my girls have seen the great things I bring home and now enjoy going with me to find great deals of their own!

Gearing up for the season like us? Here is an article that was a good read!

1 comment: