Monday, May 21, 2012

CapJaxMathFax TOS Review



Math is my least favorite subject to teach and because I feel this way, I worry that I'll pass that on to my children. So I'm always very interested in checking out new math programs. I feel like it breaks up the norm and it's always fun to try out something new (even if it's math - wink).

Reinforcement builds skills. Feedback rewards skill performance and maintains importance of program. CapJaxMathFax™ employs a patented rating system that uses reinforcement and feedback data to create a game-like feeling. Ratings allow learners to keep score and set personal achievement goals. Student ratings also constitute a measure telling teachers and parents precisely where a student is in his or her math fact development.




CapJaxMathFax is designed for your child/student to practice math facts. Included in the practice math facts are - addition, subtraction, multiplication, and division. This program could be used by children in most grades. From your Pre-K to first grader just learning, all the way up to high schoolers that could use and want some extra practice and drills.

CapJaxMathFax reduces the demand on parents and teachers by providing immediate feedback to students.

Once you purchase and install CapJaxMathFax (by download or CD) you're ready to begin! The program allows you to choose the number of math facts you'd like to practice. This is a great feature as I have some students that get bored quickly or frustrated and want to give up. By picking the number of problems the feel more in control and not so forced to do way more then they'd want to do. I have other children that love to sit and practice, so they have the option to do so!
You can also choose which operation you'll be practicing that day. My kids do better when we mix things up a bit, not sticking with the same thing day after day.

Another great feature! You can set the time you want for answering a problem! If you need longer to figure out a problem then you've got it! This is especially nice for your younger student who is just learning. My 1st grader needs some extra time and running out of time would only discourage her.

A progress report is available so you can see how well they are doing and students are able to earn merit badges commending them for the work they've accomplished.




This is a great math practice program and I plan on continuing it for several of my children during the summer months when we have a lighter school schedule. Using this program just a few minutes a day can make a difference.
It's also great for large families like mine! I can work one on one with a child while another is practicing their math facts!



CapJaxMathFax is $29.95 for the download.

Try the free evaluation to see if this would benefit your family.






To read other TOS Crew reviews of this product click HERE.



Disclaimer: As a member of the TOS Crew, I received the download for CapJaxMathFax, at no cost to me, in exchange for my thoughts and honest review. All opinions are my own.


No comments:

Post a Comment